The Benefits of Active Release Technique (ART)
Our Chiropractors In Manhattan Offers Active Release Technique
Ever heard of ART therapy? No, it's not healing through watercolor and charcoal drawings (though that can help for some people!). ART stands for Active Release Therapy, and our chiropractors in Manhanttan, KS are proud to provide this innovative and effective technique as one of our many chiropractic care services.
Top 5 Benefits Of Active Release Technique
The active release technique (ART) can be provided by a chiropractor or another licensed health care professional, such as a physical therapist. It's considered a specialized form of massage that includes unique and repetitive movement patterns which directly impact muscles, nerves, ligaments, tendons, and other soft tissues that may be painful, irritated, or injured. Our patients love ART, and here are a few reasons why:
- Increases circulation of blood and lymphatic fluid. Not only does this help bring healing cellular fluids to an area of injury, but it also helps fluids drain away from the site of injury, which can reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Relieves pain. The gentle yet directed active release technique relaxes tight and tense muscles, which often releases pressure on nearby nerves and other structures that are triggering pain.
- Minimizes and/or prevents scar tissue formation. Stress from an injury can disrupt the ability of connective tissue cells to reorganize and regenerate, which may lead to mobility-limiting scarring and adhesions. By relaxing tissues and maximizing blood flow, ART can promote improved cellular regeneration and collagen synthesis.
- Improves range of motion and flexibility. Got a sports injury that's limiting your physical performance? Is your job affected by your impaired mobility? ART can relieve your acute symptoms and also improve your range of motion over time, thus maximizing your function.
- Enhances the beneficial effects of other chiropractic services. When provided alongside spinal adjustments, corrective exercises, and lifestyle and nutritional counseling, ART can be a pivotal factor in your rate of healing.
At Nichols Chiropractic of Manhattan, KS, our chiropractic doctors have used ART to help people achieve fast and long-lasting symptom relief from a variety of disorders, including lower back pain, neck pain, headaches, plantar fasciitis, tendonitis, shoulder pain, elbow pain, knee pain, shin splints, and more.
Are You Curious About Active Release Therapy? Learn More About This Exciting Technique With Our Manhattan Chiropractors!
At Nichols Chiropractic, our Manhattan chiropractors are committed to bringing drug-free, non-invasive, and highly effective holistic care to their community. That's why they're proud to offer the active release technique in conjunction with their other "tried and true" chiropractic services. To learn more about ART or to jumpstart a journey back to health for you or a loved one of any age, call Nichols Chiropractic today at 785-537-2211.